March 15, 2020 - As many schools make the transition to a fully-online program, we want to assure clients that Concourse is ready and here to help. We have compiled the following information in an effort to assist Concourse clients with COVID-19 administrative actions and transitioning to online course delivery.
We will update this article as more information and resources become available.
Selected Concourse Resources
- Concourse for Editors was created for anyone responsible for editing Concourse syllabi. Please share this with whomever you feel would benefit from this training, especially faculty who are new to Concourse.
- Editing Your Concourse Syllabus and Importing Content Into Your Concourse Syllabus infographics are available for download at the bottom of this article.
- Administrators can use Concourse Audit and create audit reports to understand the state of syllabi in the system.
- Concourse item and missing item reports can be used to identify syllabus item content that may be missing or need updated messaging.
Concourse System Updates
To help with the continuity of your courses, we can assist with the following:
- Place or update content on current semester syllabi to reflect new processes, policies, or schedules.
- Review, design, and implement technical solutions for any new or different integration needs as you adjust your operations.
- Perform an annual check-up for added confidence that your implementation is ready for a totally online course experience.
To provide as much assistance and assurance throughout this time, any Concourse consulting and/or training necessary to support clients with responses to COVID-19 will NOT be billed or charged against your service package. Please email email@example.com and we will work with you to ensure as seamless a transition as possible for you and your team.
Here are some official government COVID-19 response resources you may find helpful:
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention - Interim Guidance for Administrators of US Institutions of Higher Education: Article with information to help decision-makers plan for emergency response to Coronavirus Disease 2019.
- U.S. Department of Education - COVID-19 ("Coronavirus") Information and Resources for Schools and School Personnel: Resources for K-16 responses to COVID-19.
Planning to add COVID-19 information to your syllabus templates? The following may be helpful:
- U.S. Department of Labor - OSHA Safety and Health Tips for COVID-19: Practical information for minimizing the risk of exposure.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention - COVID-19: How to Protect Yourself: Information regarding how COVID-19 is spread, how to protect yourself, and how to protect others.
New to Online Teaching
The following links may be helpful for faculty who are teaching online for the first time:
- Brightspace Community - The Transition from Face-to-Face to Online Learning: Maintaining and Engaging Experience
- Canvas Instructure - 20 Best Practices and Expectations for Online Teaching
- Blackboard Help - Best Practice: Online Teaching Strategies
- Moodle Docs - Teacher Quick Guide
Do you have a resource you feel would help other Concourse users? Write us at firstname.lastname@example.org.