Add Users is an administrator tool that replaced the Self Sign-Up option on your institution's Concourse login page. This will provide more control to administrators when managing direct access to your institution's Concourse site and should primarily be used when setting up your sandbox.
Note: When using this tool, you will create user accounts one at a time using their email address.
How to Use the Add User Tool
1. Navigate to the tool by following these clicks: Admin > Tools > Users. You must be a system administrator to access this area.
2. Once you are on the Add User page, you will be prompted to input an email address. Type in the desired email account you'd like to add (most likely an email from your institution), and click Add.
Note: If the email address already exists in the system, it will not allow you to add the same email as another user.
3. On the resulting Manage Users page, uncheck the Disabled box. That will make the user active in Concourse (see image below).
4. If your system is not yet integrated with your institution's authentication service (e.g. CAS or your LMS), switch the Authentication from External to Internal. This way the user can directly access Concourse using an email and password at the system login page.
5. Click Save under User Details (see image below).
6. Finally, if you selected Internal authentication, you will be prompted to add and confirm a password. For security purposes, we advise users to click the Forgot Password button on the login screen to initiate the process to set their own credentials.
Refer to the image below for steps 3 and 4: