Syllabus Access is a tool that provides insight into syllabus views. This tool is supported by an API and two new reports available in the Report Center.
How to Use Syllabus Access
Open a syllabus and click on the Users tab (it really is that simple). Note! You need the View User List permission to see Syllabus Access.
This page has three different areas. Total Views, Student Statistics, and Course Users.
First, you will see Total Views. This number represents every syllabus view for the course. Views from guests and users who were dropped are counted here. This is your course odometer; this number can only go up and isn’t impacted by registration.
Second, under the Student Statistics heading you will see four specific-to-students statistics:
- Registered: A count of registered students. If a student is dropped from the course in Concourse, the number will go down.
- Views: A count of total views from registered students. If a student is dropped from the course in Concourse, the number will go down.
- Have Viewed: The percentage of registered students who have viewed the syllabus. This statistic is most useful if users are registered through a Feed. When they are registered through an LTI, their registration and first view happen at the same time.
- Since Modified: The percentage of registered students who have viewed the syllabus since it was last modified. The last modified date is provided.
Finally, Course Users table at the bottom of the page also contains some useful information.
- User: Last name, first name, and email address for the user.
- Views: A count of all-time views for the user
- Last View: Date of the last view for this user
- Viewed Since Modified: A yes/no to show if the user has checked the syllabus since the last modification
- Group: The registered group of the user
Note!: Remember that access data started on 8/1/2020, so views before that date won’t be reflected in the totals.