Concourse provides a modified date for every course, as well as a date and time for each individual syllabus item. The course-wide date is listed at the top of each Syllabus as “Modified.” Item last modified details are available in the Syllabus Change Log. The latest item modified date will match the modified date for the course. The last modified dates for individual items will be preserved with the Syllabus Change Log until 180 days after the course end date.
Tip: Remember that “syllabus” is an item, too! It contains the institutional header and will often have the earliest modified date for the course. The syllabus as a whole will reflect the latest modification date for any item.
The course last modified date will be updated when:
- There is any save to a syllabus item, even if content has not changed
- A copy or item feed runs and results in updated content
- Items are reordered up or down
Last modified is not updated by:
- Copy or item feeds that do not result in updated content. Content will not be updated if it is identical to the existing item. Identical means the following three conditions are met: the content of the item is the same, the content of the item entries are the same, and all item entries appear in the same order.
- Changes to course metadata
- Changes to group permissions