A: As Syllabus Geeks we know Concourse offers many benefits to faculty, but we also understand it can be difficult to get your instructors to adopt any new tool. Here are some creative ideas for getting more faculty on-board:
- Emphasize how easy it is to create and edit syllabi in Concourse.
- Through the use of our template functionality, you can pre-populate content on a syllabus meaning less entry time for faculty.
- The Item Import functionality proves useful for faculty teaching the same course over multiple terms.
- Using LTI integration will boost faculty willingness to adopt the system. Having syllabi embedded in your LMS drives up usage by saving time and effort on the part of faculty and their students.
- Train your faculty! Don't underestimate the power good training can have on your faculty adoption rate. Everyone is leery of new software and changes in their business process, but through useful training you can minimize that fear and equip your faculty with the knowledge they need to be just excited about Concourse as you are!
- Hand pick faculty you know to be "early adopters" of new technology. Use them in testing the system and leverage their endorsement with other faculty members. Sometimes it is easier to get faculty to buy into new technology when they hear about the benefits from one of their peers.
- Keep faculty informed. Don't wait until the last few minute to tell your faculty about Concourse. Telling them about it early and often will help them to feel more informed and that information will help them to see the benefits even before it is time for them to use the system.
- Hold a "Best Syllabus" contest giving away an award like an iPad or Kindle to the winner. (Thanks to our friends at North Idaho College for this idea!)
Do you have a great idea that worked on your campus? Leave a comment and let us know!
Please sign in to leave a comment.